Dec 13, 2012

Weight and Body (What else is new?!)

When I was in school, I could eat a whole large pizza by myself without any guilt or even putting on an ounce. Nowadays I cant even finish a slice without guilt hanging over my head. Of course, I am now 15 years older with decreasing metabolic rate and no longer marching around the school field 8 hours a day.

I miss those days when i can eat anything without worrying about my health or weight. Sigh..

I was at my best 3 years ago, I ate moderately, was doing capoeira twice a week, climbing 3 thrice a week and swimming on the weekends. I led an active and healthy lifestyle back then. I was not skinny, but I had lean muscles and I was strong. Also, the depression helped the losing weight process. Muahahahah. Once I started working on my first job, I started to sway away from that lifestyle. The shift hours and workload were taking a toll on my body especially when I worked the morning shifts. None the less, I tried hard to attend capoeira classes after work, I even left the office hurriedly, drove like a maniac and to be able to only attend second half of the class every Friday.

Ever since I started my second job, I haven't gone to any capoeira classes, I climbed in PCP like once or twice in the past year and to make things worse, the place I'm currently living at has no swimming pool. Super awesome huh. It also doesn't help that stress from work makes me munch like all the time and giving me back pain  The pain was so bad that in July I stayed home from work for a week. I then decided to have an MRI, thankfully its nothing serious, just degenerated discs.The doctor asked me to do some back exercises and not to sit in one position too long.

Ever since my appendectomy last October, I haven't done any exercise at all until two days ago. I went for a run in the park with my dad. Unfortunately I can't run on the road, it hurts my ankles and knees. I can only run on the grass. Oh my super old and super gedik body! Pffttt

As much as I tried to avoid it, I am now taking meal replacements twice a day. I'm not trying to take any shortcut to lose weight and get back into shape. Its just that when I have the meal replacements, I am more disciplined. I don't have to think bout what i wanna eat or cook and plus I am eating more veggies coz I put carrots and other stuff in the blender! My grocery list is growing shorter with the meal replacements which is a really good thing coz I always end up with a trolley when I do my shopping at Jaya Grocer.

Am planning another run in the park tomorrow. I wish myself the best of luck -__-


No comments: