Dec 29, 2012

Massages

After almost 3 months of countless unsatisfying massages, i finally went home after an acceptable massage last night and slept like a baby till noon. Its raining outside and all I want to do right now is curl up in my comforter and sleep but I cant do that coz I woke up at noon so i'm gonna blog about massages.

I love massages, not the hard ones that make you let out a silent scream while your face gets all wrinkled up, but the soft ones with aromatherapy oil and gentle strokes that makes you all relaxed and feel good. Through out the years, I've tested out a number of outlets and here's the summary of each. I'll start with the one from last night

1. Karabuning Boutique Spa (Bangsar Shopping Centre)

Honestly, I only went to this one yesterday coz its close to my work and the after work traffic was horrible. I called the place and asked if there was any empty slots so i can book an appointment. The receptionist is not as professional and kind as the other branches I have to say but I booked the appointment anyway. I arrived a bit late due to the horrendous traffic but they squeezed me in anyway. I was attended to by a masseuse named Pa. Shes quite good. Her techniques are somewhat different and way better than the other branch in Karabuning (Sunway Pyramid). The one in Sunway was not good as she was too soft and I think that she thinks that applying more pressure would break my bones. Anyway, there were moments where I was slightly uncomfortable because the pressure and technique was hard but like I said, it was acceptable. I would definitely go there again to avoid traffic.

2. Thai Odyssey

There are a lot of outlets for Thai Odyssey. The one I usually go to is the one in Empire Shopping Centre. I would always request for the same masseuse. She's my favorite  Shes the only one who can make me feel like my money is so worth it. I would also usually give her an extra tip as she always did a good job. Perfect pressure and perfect strokes and perfect technique makes me a happy girl. Shes now back in Thailand helping her parents with some house things hence the quest for other masseuse the past 3 months. She'll be back next month. Yeay!

Though most of the spa therapist from this outlet do a good job but I sure cant say the same for all the other outlets. I have tried the ones from One Utama, Midvalley and Bangsar Village but I would usually feel sore the next day. Even when you say that you're in pain, they wont listen and would continue doing what they were doing.

3. Jentayu Spa

Verdict: Not as great as it sounds. It was my sister's idea to try it out. I called and booked the 1 hour aromatherapy plus 1 1/2 hour cremebath. We arrived early as we weren't sure of the location and we were not really familiar with Publika and also coz its the "rule" that we have to arrive at least 15 mins early or they  delay your appointment time. We rang the bell hoping that we could at least wait inside. No one answered and we had to wait outside. With the weather scorching hot outside, we didn't really start off great. A girl who obviously just woke up from a nap opened the door and welcomed us. The place is really small, not a lot of moving space and from the way they gave us instructions, we had a feeling that the two therapists were the only ones that they have. We started our treatment with the massage. I did not like it at all! The pressure was really hard and I kept telling her to reduce it as I asked for aromatherapy and not traditional. Even after I told her to reduce the pressure, she kept going at her pace and telling me that because of all the "knots" she has to do it hard. All I can say is that she is an idiot. I did not pay 250 bucks for her not to abide by my wishes. The cremebath was so so. I am denifitely NOT going back there again.

4. Urban Retreat (The Curve)

One of the best so far. Almost all of their therapists do a good job. Not sure if its a one time thing but the last time I went, I was attended to by a malay therapist and it was not good. Just like the one in Jentayu, she didn't listen to the customer. Hopefully they will maintain their standard or I'll stop going there.

5. Arokaya (Sunway Pyramid)

Hmm..lets see. Some of them are okay and some are not. There was this once, i had this old lady as my therapist she did a wonderful job. Top 3 in my list for favorite foot massage. The aromatherapy massage is just okay. The best part of aromatherapy there is that they let you take a shower after the treatment so that you wont be all oily when you walk out of there.

6. Zouk Spa (Taipan Subang and Bangsar)

I used to go to Zouk Spa in Subang a lot. There's this one girl who is very good. The price isn't that bad either. But after that they got sloppy and the last massage i had there was terrible. So I am kind of terrified to go there again. Another thing I don't like there is the fact that the therapist likes to force you to get extra stuff like some stupid salt or ginger oil or some scrub.


7. Kak Lia (Kampung Pandan)

Hahahahah.. My colleague dragged me there one after work coz she wanted a massage. It was in a dodgy flat in Kampung Pandan which scared the hell out of me. The whole place was occupied by Indonesian workers. Honestly, I would not have gone there knowing the condition of the place. Not trying to be a brat or anything but it was scary. If I couldn't afford to go to a real spa, then I would just have asked my sister to massage me. There were a few families living in the same unit so we hurriedly went into Kak Lia's room. There was nothing magical about the massage, I have had better plus I don't really like talking when I am having my massage. Don't get me started on the hygiene of the place. So, I am also not going there again.

8. Angel Spa (Solaris)

A friend bought me a voucher for this place. Its so small that it doesn't even have a website but i went for the massage anyway. At that time the building was still under construction so it was kind of creepy. Finding the place was also not easy but I managed. The place is very nice actually. Great ambience, they have 4 different rooms with different themes. The massage was great. Just the right pressure and very relaxing. I just didn't like that the therapist kept talking to me. But all was forgiven coz she did a great job. :) I have not been there since coz its kind far from where I live plus I don't think I want to go through all the traffic just to get a massage.

Well, that's it. All the places I can remember. I am kind of broke now so I am going to refrain myself from going until I get my paycheck.

No comments: